What is it?
Bulkchain is a NxtPort initiative, making the breakbulk market in Antwerp digital, more efficient and transparent. The NxtPort platform foresees a secured data-hub with API’s allowing different stakeholders in the supply chain to jointly manage breakbulk orders. Bulkchain was launched in June 2018. A first POC for the export process is available early 2019 with a further roll-out of both the import and export processes throughout the year. Subscribe to the NxtPort community newsletter on http://bulkchain.nxtport.com to stay tuned about product updates.
How does it work?
Bulkchain is available for the export and import processes.
- Terminal Delivery Order, forwarders providing the necessary information to the terminal and liner agents (available Q2 2019)
- Terminal Delivery Confirmation, the terminal confirming the receipt of cargo (available Q2 2019)
- Customs Release Notification, the link with the Arrival at Exit and the Export Manifest Custom programs (expected Q4 2019)
- Vessel Loading Order, aka the e-Permis (expected Q2/Q3 2019)
- Vessel Loading confirmation, the release of the vessel and the cargo from the port (expected Q3 2019)
- Vessel Discharge Order: Identification of the cargo to be discharged at the port (expected Q3 2019)
- Vessel Discharge Confirmation: The combination of “green lights” to identify the discharge of the cargo on the terminal (expected Q3/Q4 2019)
- Customs Release Notification: All links with customs for import cargo (expected Q4 2019)
- Terminal Release Notification: Next Mode of Transports that inform the terminal how and when cargo will be picked up (expected Q3/Q4 2019)
- Terminal Release Confirmation: The confirmation from the terminal when the cargo has (expected Q3/Q4 2019)
What does it cost?
The project is still in development phase. Please contact NxtPort for more information about the costs.
Notification of arrival of export consignment
Used by the "trader at exit" to notify the Customs office in the port of exit when the goods physically arrive at the terminal.